Cyber hackers mostly target computers globally. Viruses of all kinds aim computers and would infect them if timely action is not taken. Threats always occur, for any computer in any part of the world. So, it is essential to find a solution? How can you secure your PC from virus and online attacks?
For most of our daily needs we go online for all kinds of information, doing online shop, and banking, keep the household metrics, play games, the internet has helped us to stay connected with family and friends.
As we all know that our computer has a lot of personal information stored about that includes banking, medical information so this must be secure protect. If your devices are not safe and protected, identity thieves and other cyber cheats can get access and steal your personal information.
Here are some best tips to secure your computer
The following tips will help the victim to lower your risk while you’re online.
Keep your device secure
The most important thing as a user is to make sure to keep the device safe. Be aware of all the latest news and downloads recommended updates from your device’s and its manufacturer or operating system provider, especially for important software such as your internet browser. Tools like antivirus software, antispyware software, and firewalls are necessary which can prevent attacks on your device.
The need of the hour is to keep your system update, browser, and essential apps regularly, taking advantage of automatic updating when it’s available. The mobile devices, be sure to install Android or iPhone updates that are distributed automatically.
Antivirus software is the tool to protect your device from viruses that can do away with your data, it slows down or crash your machine, and allow spammers to send email through your account. Antivirus helps you scan your files and any incoming email infected with viruses, and evaluates and deletes anything malicious. Set an automatic your antivirus software to check for viruses every day. As a precaution, it is a good habit to give your system a thorough scan at least twice a month.
The nastiest virus is spyware, these software gets installed on the victim’s computer without their knowledge or consent and has the ability to monitor your online activities and gather your data while you are browsing anything online. Few examples of spyware are like the key loggers, record everything you key which includes your passwords and financial information. Some of the spyware’s come with pre-determined protection in few antivirus software programs.
To sidestep spyware entering your computer download software only from sites you know and trust. Make sure apps you install software comes from the Apple App Store for iPhones or Google Play for Android devices.
This software is beneficial as it blocks hackers from entering and using your computer. Firewalls prevent your computer from reacting to any harassing random calls. A firewall enable as a wall wherein it blocks communications to and from sources from whom you don’t permit. In the case of high-speed internet, this is especially important.
Few OS have in build firewalls, make sure to turn your firewall on. For it to be effective, your firewall must be set up correctly and updated regularly. From time to time keep a check on your online “Help” feature for particular instructions.
Choose strong passwords
To safeguard and protect your devices and accounts from hackers choose a password that is hard to guess. Make sure to use strong passwords which are at least eight characters, a combination of letters, numbers and special characters.
Don’t use a word that can easily be found in a dictionary or any reference to personal information, such as a birthday. Pick an unusual and unique password for each online account you use: financial institution, social media, or email.
We all use some many apps and software, so sometimes it gets difficult to remember all the password consider using password manager software, this app helps you create strong individual passwords and keeps safe.
Here we would like to suggest the best antivirus tool which will secure and safeguard your computer called as Malware Crusher
- This application helps once it is installed can identify any possible virus attack such as the search encrypt virus and it instantaneously scans your PC/Mac for potentially unwanted items and gets them fixed timely.
- Our highly regarded customer gets instant 24*7 365 days support for all PC/Mac problems. If there is any doubt if search encrypt is safe, this app will remove search encrypt virus,
- This tool is your one-stop solution to remove sockshare adware, which will improve your computer maintenance and security; it safeguards online activities also. Here the user gets all vital information about most of vulnerable sites and domains on all major browsers.
- The user’s biggest concern is to keep the store data and files secure and need for more space, ITL works on this issue and gives its users free storage space by eliminating most of the unwanted items from your system. This tool helps to freely use your computer through a secure & smooth system without interruptions.
- Another issue that most of the users face is of the junk files and invalid registries on the system .ITL is designed to work as a complete web and windows upkeep & protection suite. It aids the users to remove unnecessary data, and the users get a cleaner and faster computer. It also works as a protection shield from most of the virus infections such as adware, spyware, etc. which affect your PC and slow down the speed of the computer.