There are various websites that let allows you to watch online movies and TV shows for free, but the repeated use of such sites surely brings in malicious malware and viruses into your computers. One such popular site is Kissmanga that allows you to see Animes (Japanese version of cartoons) online for free.
However, some researchers have come up with this study that such website is promoting adware because every time a user tries to click on anime episode, frequent redirections take him away from the original Kissmanga website and start downloading a threat known as Kissmanga Malware.
Kissmanga malware is a pair of computer infections that are related with Kissmanga website. Like most of the torrent sites, this domain hordes thousands of manga (Japanese comics) that might have copyright. This is not only the issue with this website, but the site is also flooded with intrusive, inappropriate pop-up ads and redirects that do not make browsing easy on Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and other browsers. Kissmanga malware majorly injected malicious ads that redirect to dangerous websites.
Is Kissmanga a Legal website?
Many users say that it is safe to surf the mangas and animes from Kissmanga. The primary question is whether Kissmanga buy manga and anime rights or not. However, at the end of their page, Kissmanga has given copyright and trademarks of manga to their respective creators.
Thus, legitimacy still remains a question. If this Japanese anime website Kissmanga is proving a threat and spreading Kissmanga malware then it is vital to identify, immediately delete Kissmanga ads and remove Kissmanga malware ASAP from the computers.
Read More: How to get rid of the Kissanime Virus
Impact of Kissmanga Malware Intrudes Your Computer?
Once this nasty malware break into your computer the malware via Kissmanga ads tries to gather your IP address, visited website URLs, web pages, browser information, search queries, etc.
Also tracks your personally identified data, misuse it and can lead to serious privacy issues or even theft. Other consequences are as follows:
- High CPU power consumption lowers the overall performance of your computer.
- The computer boots up for no reason sometimes freezes while you are working.
- Slow internet browsing speed might cause the internet to stop unexpectedly.
- Fake alert messages and notification pop-ups to update your operating system.
- Irrelevant web search redirects affect your web browsing experience.
- It monitors and steals your browsing information.
- Changes your Windows Registry editors to remain undetected from anti-viruses and anti-malware tools
- Automatic download of executable files from unknown sources and unsecured websites.
- Send fake emails and maintain a false online presence on Social media though you aren’t logged in.
Distribution methods of Kissmanga malware:
- Porn or adult related websites: If you watching porn videos regular from infected or porn websites, then you might get malicious infection in your computer.
- Infected external media drives: It can come in your System from infected CD, DVD, USB drives, SD cards and others.
- Malevolent ads or popup: This cunning malware can come in your System via nasty ads or popup messages which are displayed on your browser by hacked websites.
- Email spam messages: It can get enters into your machine from email spam messages and email attachments.
Do Kissmanaga ads block your access for tracking purpose?
In order to create a profile of every user, advert on a website track data associated with individual users of all the websites they visit. So that any profile of a user can be employed for targeting advertisement. To track a user, adware use following;
- Cookies create a path of your visited domains, web pages, and URLs. Advert websites track cookies and keep a tab on the users through various host web servers.
- A different way of keeping track is to take the help of browser cache items. It gives sufficient time to adware to connect the cached item and a new item.
- Therefore, the creator of advertisements generates the user profile in order to find what the user browsed. Kissmanga certainly annoys you with frequent notifications and pop-up ads.
Harmful Impacts of Kissmanga Malware
- The web browser might show signs of instability and frequent crashes.
- The default structure of the web browser is modified, i.e. the default home page and the default search engine is changed.
- The victim might see new extensions and add-on toolbar in the top panel of your web browser.
- Whenever the victim tries to open anything, he or she is redirected to some random website which mostly displays advertisement banners or would give fake security warnings.
- Poor program execution, moderate reaction time as the ads would fly out of the blue.
- Even if the web browsers are not active the infected computer displays ads which would lead to sudden system crashes periodically or PC would boot up for unidentified reasons.
- Security program and inbuilt firewall are crippled.
- The appearance of new icons is added to desktop pretending to be for some kind of security.