Good Ransomware – Money Scandal
This ransomware is classified as a crypto virology (extortion-based security) threats that block access to your computer unless a ransom is paid.
The .Good Ransomware is an open ransomware project called as Hidden Tear.
This Ransomware encrypts a large number of files mostly in use by the users and blocks access to them by infecting the whole computer.
This malware alters the extensions of the affected files to .Good, making it difficult for the users to open them without decryption technique.
The Hidden Tear’s .Good Ransomware like most of the ransomware uses an AES encryption algorithm to lock the access to the files.
Every time you access affected file, a warning error message displays which we call a ransom note.
Post encryption, all desired files get locked computer’s performance slows down. The key purpose of this ransom ware is to block the user data, to steal it and demands for money in exchange for decryption.
Both the methods of encryption and decryption technique works in favor of cyber attackers because by blocking user access in their own computer, they force users to pay for their files.
.Good Ransomware – An Evident Sneaky Threat
This ransom ware is extremely sneaky and most of the time the user don’t realize that their computer is infected until their all data is inaccessible.
The ransom note produces when the virus insidiously activates inside the files to block the user.
Now, if you are in some similar situation, then you need to know something significant to prevent your computer from this cryptovirology threats.
It is not good idea to pay for the ransom option and won’t lead you to a good reaction because once you start paying a ransom, the cyber attackers will demand more.
In the earlier example of ransomware attack, the hackers did not send you the decryption codes (also called as decryptors or decryption tools).
It is highly probable that you may not get the tool to unlock the files, your data will be locked up forever. So to avoid such a situation, you should immediately install a combating antimalware tool.
For your easiness, a malware removal tool is the best option as it helps you to delete all the unwanted ransomware files.
Thus, prevention is better before the ransomware starts affecting your computer in severe ways.
Also See: Is 123Vidz Safe to Use?
Impacts Of .Good Ransomware
Like most of the ransomware it very easily spreads through spam emails, websites, peer to peer file sharing, freeware, cracked or pirated software, and social hijacking.
This infiltrations, degrades the computer performance and compels you to pay money for your own files within some time limit.
As soon as the computer is victimized, the ransomware attacks your system and web browsers settings in the following ways:
- Due to the infection, it consumes high CPU power and lowers down the overall performance of your computer.
- The computer suddenly boots up for no reason, freezes while you are working.
- Post the infection, there will be slow internet browsing speed might cause the internet to stop unexpectedly.
- Suddenly you will see fake alert messages and notifications pop-ups to asking you to pay the ransom.
- It leads to irrelevant web search redirections and highly affects your web browsing experience.
- It steals your browsing information and personal data such as IP addresses, banking details, passwords and login credentials.
- It also changes your Windows Registry editors to remain undetected from anti-viruses and anti-malware. It also brings along automatic download of executable files from unknown sources and unsecured websites.
- Sending emails and maintaining your online presence on Social media though you aren’t logged in.
- It is a big scam of cybercriminals! To trick the users it offers to decrypt 3 files for free, however, their primary aim is to take out the information like IP address, URL’s Search, browser history, search queries, username, ID, passwords, banking information and ATM Card information.
Why .Good Ransomware Creators Target Home Users
- Home user are easy target as don’t have data backups.
- Due to lesser cybersecurity awareness and education.
- Because of lack of awareness cyber attackers attacks home users by social engineering techniques.
- Home users don’t keep their software up to date.
- They fail to invest in cybersecurity solutions.
- Due to the affiliate schemes the ransomware developers to earn profits each time whenever user pay a ransom. Ransomware takes help of several evasion techniques that keeps itself hidden from the eyes of the victimized users.
- The ability to remain dormant makes ransomware a very notorious malware with the features like fast flux, encrypted payloads and anti-sandboxing mechanism.
Precautions and Suggestion-
I think after going through the damages this ransomware can cause we would like to recommend the best anti adware tool, special care should be taken while installing any new freeware software or game make ensure that the user go through the license agreement section and read all the terms and conditions.
We would endorse our best tool for Adware removal tool for all your virus infection and technical issues.
In most of the case in which neglect happens if when reading terms and condition is taking a toll on the user and they ignore this important thing while installing any free software, we suggest go for the options of “custom and automatic installation,” it is each time recommended that you go with this option as this would close the other programs that might get installed along with it.