WinLock a malware virus, which is designed to create devastation in your computer. A Winlock infection can affect your computer in both extreme ways-it can as inoffensive as showing bothersome posts on your screen, or as malicious as restricting your computer altogether.
Irrespective of the virus’ behavior, the principal objective of computer hackers to create such viruses like WinLock is to detect, terminate, or rip-off vital data.
Computer viruses like WinLock infect your computer to interrupt its normal working without your knowledge.
Generally, this virus enters in your computer as an inaccessible piece of executable code or by through bundling / ride along with other software programs.
Once a virus such as WinLock gains entry into your computer, the symptoms of infection can vary depending on the type of infection.
This virus keeps adding shortcuts of other programs on your desktop, while others can start running unwanted programs, which are also known as “PUP” (Potentially Unwanted Programs) which can intentionally slow down your computer.
There is another harmful feature of this virus that brings in one of the infamous “blue screens of death,” which is a grave system error that compels the victim to keep restarting your computer. Viruses such as WinLock can also delete your important files and folders which are saved on your computer.
Some other feature of this of this virus is that it can harm the operating system by bringing in changes to the system level files and Windows Registry – with the sole intention to make your computer unusable.
How did WinLock get on my Computer?
WinLock can make entry in your computer in many ways. Some of the conventional methods of WinLock infection include:
- It can enter when there is any downloads from questionable websites
- Spam email attachments.
- Plug-in of external media, such as pen drive, DVD, and memory card already infected with WinLock
- Pop-ups of fake updates to upgrade your computer and this tricks the user to install such infection in the computer
- Programs posing as best virus removal tools
- Infected documents circulating on peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing networks, torrent sites, and IRC channels
Symptoms of WinLock Virus
The primary symptoms of WinLock infections are:
- Computer behaving unpredictably.
- Unexpected operating system error messages.
- Blue screen errors in Windows.
- Sluggish computer performance.
- When a running program suddenly stop responding and show “Not Responding” error messages.
- New files getting created at the root level of a hard drive.
- Fake and Spam messages unknowingly being sent from your email account.
- Mysterious files and folder deletions.
How to get rid of the WinLock virus?
We recommend you to do away with WinLock virus at the earliest, and it is not getting better until we take action, it is going to worse if it stays for bit more time than required as it will make the computer more vulnerable with other malicious programs.
To gain success in removing this WinLock virus, we recommend you to download and install the best antivirus called Malware Crusher.
Once the course of action of this malware is the code, it is diagnosed, and the forecasted danger or risks are normalized by creating antimalware code.
So it is important to put the system on real-time tracking this antimalware tool then takes care of issues like malware or threats care.
Malware Crusher scans and detects and also removes all common digital threats from your computer and makes all infected windows resources with a secure and safer variable. Once you have this application on your computer, there is no additional step to be taken for antivirus and best antimalware software.
Installing Malware Crusher on your PC in the present situation is good for the overall betterment of the computer’s health.
Malware Crusher ensure that your computer has the latest updated and refined versions of the software with critical and emergency updates.