What is Nyoogle?
Nyoogle is adware and a fake search extension for Chrome browser that appears legit almost like Google search engine. But in reality, it is a browser hijacker which will show malicious traits once been infected by the browser. This fake extension comes in with any download from Play store, but most often comes bundled with -free applications or clicking on promotional links. With the google, the victim will also see Nyoogle search as the new start-page of your browser.
Related: Free Adware Cleaner and Removal Tool
Nyoogle is not for surfing, but instead, it lines up to misleading the user’s search results to draw traffic on low ranked websites. If the user clicks on these links, then they are redirected to third-party pages showing plenty of advertisements.
As this also works like adware, so the ads shown within the pages contain bad links that upon clicking may drop other infectious programs. Thus, Nyoogle Search extension should be removed as soon as possible.
Also See: Is bytefence a virus?
Targeted Web Browser:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
Techniques used to distribute “Nyoogle” Hijacker
- Social Clickjacking: Usage of online media such as Social Network and tempting advertisements is the latest method to allure the users and fooling the users to click on the ads, i.e., update your flash player or win an iPhone.
Also See: How To Remove Cloudnet Virus
- Spam emails: Another commonly used method to get into your computer through malicious email attachments, and download links present the body of the mail. This emails usually appear to be from a reputed organization, i.e., Banks and insurance companies.
Also See: How To Remove Websock.exe Trojan Virus
- It can infect the computer through affected websites or malicious websites.
- It can also trick you with fake security alert or system updates.
- Torrents & P2P File Sharing: Torrents and files shared on P2P networks have a high probability of being a carrier to such infections.
- It can also infect the computer through portable storage devices like USB stick, portable hard drive or through a disk.
- Bundling: The quickest and the most effective way of infecting a user’s PC with any virus is through freeware software, the user share equally responsible for authorizing the installation of nasty browser hijacker program without carefully reading the terms and conditions. Unfortunately, some freeware programs do not uncover that a malicious program will also be installed with it.
Symptoms of “Nyoogle” Hijacker
- Unstable behavior of the browser, frequent crashes.
- Changes to the default search engine and Homepage.
- Your web browsers are now equipped with all new add-ons toolbars and extensions.
- Poor system performance, slow response time as advertisements would be the first priority; this will result in slow internet speed.
- The operating system would crash now and then, or computer would boot up for no reason.
- New tabs open in browser to display ads or search results would always end up with displaying advertisement banners.
Read More: Best Way to Remove SIVApp Adware
Suggestions and Recommendations-
- When downloading and installing any freeware software or game make sure you go through the license agreement section and read all the terms and conditions. This will help your system to be safe and secure from any virus attack in the future. For this we would like to suggest to use best antivirus software in India for your computer.
- While installing the freeware application if the installation offers you “custom and automatic installation” opt for it if reading the complete terms and condition is time cosuming.
- It is a good practice to delete and cross out any additional add-ons or toolbars, then remember to uncheck them this would avoid the installation of browser hijacker and other malware programs. We would like to recommend best and free malware removal tool to protect your computer.