SIVApp is a deceptive adware which maliciously gets downloaded on your system. It is an ad-supported” application which fills your browser with lots of pop up ads.
SIVApp adware modifies your web browser settings, displays disturbing worthless advertisements and collects your browsing information. For these reasons, SIVApp is categorized as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) by IT security experts.
The main motive of SIVApp is to exploit your computer so as to gain revenue through its advertising network.
Also See: What Is Malware
The advertisements shown by SIVApp adware are not random, instead, they are based on user’s browsing activity. The content of the ads is based on user-based interests.
If by any means, you got SIVApp adware, the only solution is to remove it immediately. Use a reputed Anti-malware tool to ensure that your system is free from malware and other potentially harmful applications. Get to know how to remove SIVApp from your PC. Read the full article to find out.
How SIVApp Enters your System?
SIVApp can enter the system through any of the following methods:
- In most cases, SIVApp arrives without your knowledge. It enters the PC through a standard method called bundling. This approach is used by many adware distributors to spread adware and other PUPs.
- It can enter the system through social networking and other websites which provoke the users to click on malicious ads. This method is known as Social Clickjacking.
- It can enter your PC through spam emails attachments and malicious URLs.
- It can infect the browser through Torrents & P2P File Sharing as Torrents.
- It can also enter the system through external storage devices such as hard drives, USB sticks, pen drives, etc.
ALSO READ: Remove .Tornado Ransomware
What are the Harmful Effects of SIVApp?
SIVApp can lead to the following malicious effects on your system and web browsers:
- It changes the entire settings of your web browser.
- It installs several helper objects on the browser in order to stop the settings from being restored to default.
- It floods your computer screen with endless irritating ads. These ads are connected with sponsored links which lead your web browser to third-party web pages which try to increase their popularity & gain more visits.
Also see: Free Anti Adware
- It highly disrupts your web browsing sessions.
- Web browser crashes recurrently.
- Slow response time of the PC and slow internet browsing speed
- Suspicious programs appear on the screen of your PC.
- It manipulates your search results and shows inappropriate results that are filled with ads and pop-ups.
- It aims to promote third-party websites & make easy revenues.
- It changes the critical DNS configuration.
- It restricts you from accessing many popular sites.
- It displays fake security warnings, error messages and update notifications.
- It tricks you into downloading several infectious programs.
- It consumes enormous amount of memory resources and highly lowers down the overall performance of your PC.
- It checks your web activities such as which websites you visit, what keywords you enter, etc.
- It captures important information related to your preferences through which it shows eye-catching ads. The collected data could also include your personal and confidential information such as your user identity, passwords, debit/credit card information, bank account information and other important information. By using your private information, hackers can take away all your money causing a big financial loss.
How To Remove SIVApp Adware?
Follow the given SIVApp Removal Process to get rid of the malicious extension.
You can easily remove SIVApp with SIVApp cleaner tool. Use an effective and automated free malware removal tool to delete the rogue extension permanently from your system.
How to Prevent Installation of Adware and Browser Hijacker in Future?
Follow the given steps while installing freeware programs to avoid the installation of unnecessary browser extensions, browser hijackers and adware:
- Be more vigilant while downloading and installing free programs.
- Make sure that the chosen application program is coming through an official website or some reliable source.
- Opt out of any extra add-ons, plug-ins or extensions included in the program.
- While installing a freeware software, make sure you go through the license agreement section & read all the terms and conditions.
- If you cannot read the complete terms and conditions, then while installing the freeware application, if the installation offers you “custom and automatic installation”, it is highly recommended that you select the custom installation. This would reveal all the other application programs that might get installed along with the freeware program.
- If you see any additional add-ons or toolbars checked with the installed program, remember to uncheck them as this would avoid the installation of adware, browser extensions and browser hijackers.
Also See: Remove Shortcut Virus
After successfully removing the malicious adware, make sure to create a robust firewall to avoid any such issue that makes our system and privacy vulnerable to various online threats.